55 Town Centre Ct. Suite 640
A better way to feeling better!
What Can Chiropractic Do For You?
Chiropractic is a non-invasive, manual, primary health care profession. Its focus is on promoting health and mobility by correcting misalignments of the joints (both spinal and peripheral).
TEN TIPS FOR A HEALTHY BACK
1. Sleep on your side or back, NOT on your stomach
2. Watch your posture while on the phone; don't cradle the phone between your shoulder and ear
3. Minimize the weight of your purse/backpack
4. Maintain good posture
5. Invest in a great pillow and mattress (Remember we spend 1/3 of our lives in bed!)
6. Stretch your spine before and after your sporting activities
+ stretch after every few hours of sitting
8. Use luggage that has wheels
9. Maintain a healthy diet
10. Have regular spinal check-ups!
These joints can be affected in a number of ways such as through slips and falls, sports injuries, Motor Vehicle accidents, and aging to name but a few. When a joint has been disrupted, the surrounding tissues (such as muscle, connective tissue, tendons, and ligaments) can also be aggravated. Chiropractic Care aims to help restore proper function to an injured joint and promote healing to the surrounding tissues.
- MID BACK PAIN (Thoracic Outlet Syndrome)
- Elbow Pain (Tennis & Golf elbow)
What Happens During a Chiropractic Treatment?
Common Conditions Chiropractors Treat:
- LOW BACK PAIN (Lumbar Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, & Degenerative Joint Disease)
- NECK PAIN (Cervical Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, & Degenerative Joint Disease)
Chiropractic patients at Physio FX can expect to see our Chiropractor for a full hour during the initial evaluation. During this appointment, patients can expect to be asked questions specifically related to their main concern as well as their general health. Next, the Chiropractor will perform a physical examination and certain tests to help reach a diagnosis and determine the extent of the main concern. The initial evaluation appointment does include treatment as well as an outline of goals for the patients' progress.
Adjustments are certainly a part of Chiropractic Care but by no means are they the only tool the Chiropractor uses. Our Chiropractor firmly believe in treating their patients within their comfort limits. Chiropractics is a very involved discipline which utilizes modalities (Ex: therapeutic Laser, Ultrasound, Interferential Current, and TENS), soft tissue and muscle treatment, as well as joint mobilizations.
Patients can also expect to be assigned positions of comfort, postural corrections, stretches, and be given educational tidbits. Education is the greatest tool we can give clients!
Some Tips from the Ontario Chiropractic Association:
The Chiropractic discipline focuses on improving the health and mobility of your joints. The human body is equipped with spinal joints (vertebrae) and peripheral joints (shoulders, elbows, wrists, hands, knees, ankles, and feet).
Yes! I would like to make an appointment!
55 Town Centre Ct. Suite 640